Monday, September 28, 2009

Wishing and Hoping!

Back from vacation!  Reopened Etsy shop and ready for business - sorta.  It's always hard getting back into the swing of things after a relaxing vacation.  I need to renew a couple items today and resume editing/croping pictures of product waiting to be listed.


I'm hoping in the next 4 days I will have the decisions on the two big craft shows I applied to.  One said they will contact the vendors on October 1st and the other said the announcements will be made "late September". 

I'm feeling very hopeful about one of them (Big Show #1) because they extended the application deadline, which leads me to think they didn't get as many applicants as expected so perhaps there was room for more. 

I'm half-way hoping I don't get accepted to the other Big Show (#2) because the booth fee is a little intimidating. More than double the cost of the fee at Big Show #1. Given the fact that I've never sold at such large events before I have no idea if I will make enough to cover costs.  However, gotta stay hopeful.  Even if I don't make a profit I would still come out ahead in the marketing department since this is a heavily sponsored and advertised event.  Getting the word out there about my little shop and my little trinkets would be a wonderful thing and worth the price of admission.

2 comments:

MAB from OtterCatHaus said...

Thinking good thoughts about your show acceptances. I'm still trying to get back into the swing of things after being gone at a show all weekend! :)

Leave a Legacy said...

Good luck on your shows. It's all I can do to put things on Etsy. I don't know how I would do a show. Good for you.